Mr. NORUMEDZO TASARA BONFACE Planning and Environment Officer
The Planning and Environment Officer Joined the organisation as a Planning Officer in 2008
he possesses the following qualifications
– Bachelor of Science Rural and Urban Planning (UZ, 2007)
– Certificate in Auto Card (UZ)
Currently he is doing Masters Construction and Project Management with NUST
Message from Planning
Planning is an important source of development and a tool for reducing inequality as a result it is a valuable lever for Bikita district to achieve sustainable development. In planning we look at the needs of people and the environment whilst respecting limits to development.
Our target in Planning Department is to achieve the status of sustainability in Bikita community and also create or strengthen the sustainability’s characteristics of economic, social and environmental local authority.
To promote and coordinate development in a sustainable manner throughout the district
A transformed Rural service centre society from a business centre to a nearly modern town within 5 years”.
Overall Functions for Department:
- Land management
- Environment management
- Development Control
- Local economic development coordination.
- Reduce cases of illegal developments on council land by 80% by December 2018
- Reduce the existing housing and business stands waiting list by 50% by December 2018
- Reduce by 80% number of illegal activities in the exploitation of natural resources by December 2020
- Increase council’s revenue collection from agriculture and natural resources management by 30% by December 2018
- To increase by 60% the quantity and quality of projects in the district by December 2018
- To reduce by 30% new cases of illegal developments in the district by 31 December 2018
- To process and determine development applications and stipulate development conditions to guide development.
- To reduce by 10% the existing housing and business stands waiting list in by 31 December 2018
- To reduce by 30% the illegal extraction of sand and cutting of trees in the district by 31 December 2018
- To increase by 10% the rehabilitation of natural resources in the district by 31 December 2018
- To raise by 6% revenue that council collects from agriculture and natural resources management by 31 December 2018
- To reduce by 80% the number of errors made in preparation of district annual plans by 31 December 2018